Etymology 1Popularized by the character Homer Simpson in the TV show the Simpsons. The OED has references from the BBC as far back as 1945, however.
expression of surprise
- Dutch: o nee
Etymology 2An anglicised spelling of do.
expression of frustration
- Dutch: do
EtymologyFrom a language, compare duh.
Old High German
Doh or DOH may refer to:
- the Department of Health, an executive department in the Philippines.
- D'oh!, the grunt made popular by Homer Simpson.
- Commonly used in association with MLB pitcher Scott Dohmann.
- Doh, the boss in the Arkanoid series of video games.
- Any of various Departments of Health in various countries.
- Doha International Airport, whose IATA code is DOH.
- Doh, alternative spelling of do, the first note of the musical scale in sol-fa notation.
- Doh (crater), a crater on Callisto
doh in Esperanto: DOH
doh in Italian: DOH